Glock 17 Gen 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER
The GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER originally was introduced to the US market in the 1980s. While not the first polymer striker-fired handgun, the Glock 17 was the first massively successful polymer striker-fired handgun. It was first introduced to the US market from a law enforcement perspective.
Once law enforcement adopted the firearm, it was soon available to the general public.
Before the Glock 17, a couple of 9mm double stack pistols had higher capacity than the standard single stack, 45 ACP pistols of the era.
The 9x19mm Glock 17 is the most popular law enforcement pistol worldwide and is one of the best-selling handguns for civilians in the USA. Because of its unsurpassed reliability, above-average magazine capacity of 17 rounds, and low weight, it is trusted by law enforcement officers and security professionals worldwide. It is safe, easy, and quick to use through the revolutionary “Safe Action” trigger system. Glock 17 — designed for pro.
The role of the Glock 17 was originally a duty-style firearm meant to be more on OWB and carried by police officers.
Eventually, the role expanded into competition and general range use. The gun became very popular with competitors and shooting sports.
As well as extremely popular for people just wanting to get out and shoot on the weekends and enjoy it for fun.
Features of GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER
- Glock 17 features a 17-round flush-fit magazine. The magazine is double stack and it is a steel line magazine with a polymer overmold.
- The magazines themselves are fairly inexpensive costing around $25 apiece.
- There are a ton of accessories and extended magazines for the Glock 17.
- You can buy aftermarket magazines from multiple companies, including ETS and Magpul. There are also knockoffs from KCI.
- You can get 33 round magazines from Glocks as well as 24 round extended magazines.
These are a nice feature if you want to have a little more ammo in the gun, but still, maintain the reliability of a factory magazine. Glock 17 Gen 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER.
Now when looking at the Gen5 variant of the Glock 17, the magwell is amazing.
And is the only polymer frame gun in this size class that has such a large magwell? This magwell also extends the Glock 19 series, but that gun is a little bit smaller.
You can give the Glock 17 Gen5 the award for best-in-class magwell on standard polymer frame pistols.
If you’re running a competition like USPSA, where you’re not allowed to add an aftermarket magwell in some divisions.
This is going to be a huge asset.
The magwell probably isn’t as big of an upside for the average person using the gun for self-defense.
But there are no downsides considering how Glocks designed it.
Specs and Features for GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER
- Caliber: 9mm
- Width: 1.26″
- Length: 7.95″
- Barrel Length: 4.49″
- Height: 5.47″
- Weight: 22.05 oz
- Capacity: 17
- Plate system for optics that accommodates nearly all mini red dots
- A dual recoil assembly reduces recoil and increases the life of the gun
- Comes with a reversible magazine release
- Modular backstrap system
- Comes with three 17-round magazines, a handy little magazine loader, and a little tool to attach the plates and optics
The GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER is the most widely popular law enforcement pistol worldwide and is one of the best-selling handguns for civilians in the USA. New Gen 3 + 4 G17 for Sale.
Yes, you can purchase a new Glock handgun on p80gunbuyer and have it shipped to an FFL dealer in your area. Then, you will need to go to that dealer and fulfill the local and state requirements necessary to own a handgun at which time you can take delivery of your Glock.
Standard GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9MM PISTOL COPPER models come with two, 17-round magazines.
- Gen 4 models come with three, 17-round magazines.
- CA/HI/MA/NJ/NY models come with two, 10-round magazines.
we can personalize and install elements for you at no fee and ship the gun completely assembled and ready to shoot. simply add the elements to your shopping cart and please make aware in the remarks segment offering us any information or unique requests. All manufacturing unit components will nevertheless come with your Glock purchase. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.